April 1, 2011 at 10:44 pm

p. terrys, dan’s, mighty fine, and galaxy are all good. black sheep lodge has an awesome buffalo burger (as in style, not animal) terra burger is ok, the 183 location has a good playground. and phil’s has some great burgers. i prefer the rosedale, but there are multiple winners. burger tex is a throw back. good burgers and a topping bar. only been to the one near the “y”.

there is a place called wholly cow in a convenience store on s. lamar that gets some raves, but i have not tried it yet. across from where chango’s used to be.

not a big fan of five guys. hut’s is overrated.

but i think a burger and a shake from dirty martins can’t be beat.

not that i eat that crap.

April 2, 2011 at 12:04 am

Bryan, you had me at convenience store. Can you tell that one of my favorite after-bar foods as a youngster was the fried jalapenos at Allsups?

April 1, 2011 at 11:11 pm

Don’t forget 5 Guys and Hut’s. Mighty Fine is my fav. I love me a good burger. Oh and Terra Burger on the drag is very tasty too, free range as well.

April 2, 2011 at 12:06 am

I like Huts. I was actually thinking of taking her there this weekend. But I’ve heard other people say it’s overrated, like Bryan did above. Now maybe thinking we should break down and eat at P. Terry’s. I have often thought of eating there, but there’s always a line. I hate lines. Maybe it will be worth it.

3. Ronda says:

April 2, 2011 at 9:11 am

I love P. Terry’s. There is one on Wm Cannon just west of Mopac, the line is usually short and moves fast. I also like Mighty Fine, just wish they had a drive through!

April 11, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Depending on your northward quotient, you may like Top Notch or Hill-Berts, both old school burger joints on Burnet. Both have drive thrus, I believe, or at last “stay in your car” options. I liked Hill-Berts but have not yet tried Top Notch.

April 12, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Yeah, we don’t go north much, but I will keep those in mind. I’ve got a list going…. Hmm, maybe I should start a burger review blog. LOL

5. Mignon says:

April 11, 2011 at 11:01 pm

OK, this is a weird place to get a hamburger, but when I was pregnant, I fell in love with the hamburgers at—- Austin Java. Oh. Wow. They are the best hamburgers I’ve had in Austin. And I really love hamburgers. It’s the meat— really really good meat. Try it. You won’t be sorry.