March 11, 2011 at 8:30 am

Oh, I hope she is better now. That is the worst. I remember when Adam was about 3 months old, Arthur was barely 2 and he had caught a puke bug. God, it was awful. We were lucky enough to get a fair warning first. He would make a gag sound, so we would have about 10 seconds to put the puke bucket in front of his face. Later that week I caught it. Then Adam caught it. A 3 month old baby can produce amazing projectile vomit like nobody’s business. I thought of entering him in a competition. Geesh. Nothing like the smell of barf in your hair, your clothes, your skin, your carpet. Shall I go on? 😛

I hope she is on the mend and you both are getting some much needed rest. Mothers should get some type of award or merit badge for dealing with the puke fest that sometimes occurs in our kids.

March 11, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Krys that sounds unbelievably awful. It’s bad enough dealing with a sick kid, much less a baby. Yes, she’s feeling much better today. I hope that you guys don’t get it. It sucks.

• says:

March 12, 2011 at 2:18 pm

I swear it seems like everyone has been sick lately. First RSV, then the puke bug. Ugh. Adam is my kid who seems to catch everything. It drives me insane, but I know I can’t keep him in a bubble. Poor kid was on a nebulizer at barely 2 months old.

Glad to hear your sweet girl is feeling better.

March 11, 2011 at 3:51 pm

Well, I hope your little rockstar is over her puke binge. Poor thing! And I direct that at both her and you.

As a mother of an epic puker, I can attest to your hellacious day. There was a point when Ava was 2 that I just let her puke all over me because washing myself and my clothes was easier than scraping vomit off the couch. Good times.

Monday, she was not feeling well and she actually threw up in the toilet and came and told me after the fact. We’ve come a long way in two years.

March 11, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Thanks Sean. Yes, I caNOT wait until she learns to run to the toilet. Oh, the things we look forward too! LOL

3. Lorien says:

March 11, 2011 at 10:25 pm

We had puke fest yesterday and last night. Yes, we deserve a stiff drink and a merit badge in that order! Just when I thought I couldn’t take one more change of sheets and shower(s), then the shitting started. Although, we did have one well aimed puke that got me, the baby and big bro. Great times!

March 12, 2011 at 9:28 am

You poor thing. About two years ago, a bug took our house over. Olivia had it, my 95 year old grandmother had it, and I thought it was going to kill my husband (thats another story). One of the finest moments was when I picked Olivia up and put her on my shoulder only for her to fill my hair with puke. The best part? I was too busy to wash my hair so I just wiped out what I could and went about my business. I have no idea when I finally washed it. Delicious. Glad she’s better and hope you don’t catch it.

March 12, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Ahh! Liz, that hair story makes me laugh! The other night after I had changed the bedclothes for the third or fourth time, Annika puked a little, most of made it onto her clothes, but I found a small spot on the comforter and I said fuck it, and just left it there. But, that’s nothing to puked filled hair.

5. Amanda says:

March 13, 2011 at 9:35 am

Awww, poor baby! I hope she feels better now. I love the way you put that, “Like, I earned a Girl Scout badge or something” I know that feeling all too well.

We haven’t had a puke fest here since last Easter. I’m crossing my fingers now. My daughter, myself, and my 5 nieces, and nephews were puking for 48 hours. Being the only adult there I had to manage to stay sane while cleaning up puke and shit while ago puking myself. I think that has to be the worse Easter ever!!!! I even had my 14yr old nephew setting out the Easter eggs the Easter bunny had painted for the little ones because if I moved I puked. It was awful.