June 11, 2010 at 11:18 am

Hi. I clicked on your link from the laptop lunchbox email. This is a great entry. I really like your blog.

I love being a mum. We have two little boys (3 and 1). It is the toughest most rewarding job I have ever had. And there is yet to be a dull moment.

You daughter is beautiful.

June 11, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Mine are 9 and 7. I constantly drop the F-bomb, I've gotten a LITTLE better, but the reality is that I'm a swearer. The kids know they're bad words that they can choose to use when they are adults. I'm an adult, so I get to use them. They even fuss at me about it. Eh. It is what it is.

June 11, 2010 at 6:22 pm

Oh God, Martha, I am terrified of this! Although the thought of Annika saying "fuck" — in context, no less! — is too cute and funny as hell. See? There I go. But you know what? I love me my swear words. 😉

June 12, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Connie, it is only a matter of time! HA!

Lisa, I would have said worse, and the thought of Lexi saying Fuck, cracks me up!

Courtney, you got it!

4. Lisa Appleby says:

June 12, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Fuck indeed! The one time Lexi said it, she used it correctly too. She spilled some queso on her shirt, looked my friend Jessica in the eye, and said "Fuck!"

Luckily, that is the one and only day that she used that word. In my defense, some guys were cutting down a tree next door earlier that morning and I heard branches hitting my roof. Well, what would you say!?

5. Tareeshia says:

June 13, 2010 at 2:42 am

This is why you have to watch "Fantastic Mr. Fox." I won't give it away, but the dialogue in this movie gives a clever alternative to swearing =)

June 13, 2010 at 4:27 am

Oh, Tareeshia, I plan to put all those movies in my queue. I know you wouldn't recommend them if they weren't good.

7. Lauren says:

January 7, 2011 at 11:41 pm

I don’t know why I’ve never read your blog before. I always see it in your siggy on BT.

Anyways, I seriously love this post!

Audrey said “shit!” today after she spilled her water. I couldn’t do anything but laugh. And I swear I heard her say “god dammit,” a few days ago.

As I was nursing her down tonight, I was thinking what a horrible parent I was for teaching my daughter to cuss. Then I came here and read your blog and I have to say, I feel so much better about it!